Our seminars are held in person on Tuesdays at 4pm in the Schwinger Lounge (PAB 4-740). They will be made available on zoom upon specific request. The seminar organizers are Thomas Dumitrescu, Ruben Monten and Pierluigi Niro.
- Tuesday, January 24: Andreas Helset (Caltech):
"Black hole scattering to all orders in spin"
- Friday, January 27: Nikolay Bobev (KU Leuven):
"Large N Partition Functions, Holography, and Black Holes"
- Tuesday, January 31: Daniel Green (UCSD):
"EFT for de Sitter Space"
- Tuesday, February 7: Grégoire Mathys (Cornell):
"Gravity as a phase of matter"
- Friday, February 10: Alexander Zhiboedov (CERN):
"Nonperturbative scattering amplitudes from dispersive iterations of unitarity"
- Friday, February 17: Leonardo Rastelli (YITP):
"Carving out the space of large N gauge theories and cornering large N QCD"
- Tuesday, February 21: Tarek Anous (QMUL):
"An EFT principle for low dimensional gravity"
Friday, February 24: Bhaumik Lecture - Andrew Strominger (Harvard)
Mani L. Bhaumik Centennial Collaboratory - 2pm
"Memory, Soft Theorems and the Symmetries of Nature"
- Tuesday, February 28: Andreas Karch (UT Austin):
"A top-down dictionary for double holography"
- Tuesday, March 7: Yikun Jiang (Cornell):
"Focusing bounds for CFT correlators and the S-matrix"
Tuesday, March 14: Temple He (Caltech):
"Marginal independence and an approximation to strong subadditivity"
Tuesday, March 21: Bhaumik Lecture - Lance Dixon (SLAC)
"Scattering Amplitudes: Jewels at the Heart of Matter"
- Friday, March 24: Southern California String Seminar
- Tuesday, April 4: Aleksey Cherman (U. Minnesota):
"Emergent 1-form symmetries"
- Tuesday, April 11: Henry Maxfield (Stanford):
"Counting states of black holes with replica wormholes"
- Tuesday, April 18: Simon Caron-Huot (McGill):
"Holographic cameras: an eye for the bulk"
- Tuesday, April 25: Jacob McNamara (Caltech):
"Reflections on Parity Breaking"
- Tuesday, May 2: Ying Zhao (UCSB):
"Operator growth and black hole formation"
- Tuesday, May 9: Andrea Cristofoli (Maxwell Inst. Math. Sci., Edinburgh):
"An On-Shell Approach to Self-Force on Gravitational Plane Waves"
- Tuesday, May 16: Suzanne Bintanja (Amsterdam U.)
"A toolbox for holographic CFTs"
- Tuesday, May 23: Emily Nardoni (Tokyo U., IPMU):
"Probing Anomalies of Non-Invertible Symmetries"
- Tuesday, May 30: Sahand Seifnashri (IAS):
"Lieb-Schultz-Mattis anomaly as obstruction to gauging"
- Tuesday, June 6: TBA